Green Valley Public School

We're here to inspire students to be the best they can be.

Telephone02 9607 8710

Parents, carers and the community

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)

Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – an advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.


You can make a complaint about our services.

You can make a complaint about: things that happened to your child at school, any part of your child’s learning, what someone did at school, or a policy.

Before you make a complaint you should think about: what happened, who was there, what are you not happy about, what you would like the school to do when the school looks at your complaint.

To make a complaint, you can talk to someone at the school. For example, you might talk to: a teacher, an assistant principal, or the principal. You can talk to them in person, on the phone or by sending an email. You can also go to the Department of Education’s website.

Some complaints may fall outside the standard definition of a complaint, such as allegations of misconduct by a staff member and therefore need referral or a report to be made. Other complaints need to be referred to a specialist area of the department for handling, if the complaint is about:  

  • allegations of a child protection nature against an employee  
  • allegations of corrupt conduct, allegations of misconduct  
  • possible criminal conduct  
  • a risk of harm or significant harm to a child  
  • privacy issues  
  • legal proceedings and requests for payment of damages  
  • requests for information, including requests under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. 

Further details can be found by accessing the 'School Community and Consumer Complaint Procedure'